Thursday, November 18, 2010

"It's Funny," a sonnet by Brian J...

Hey there!

There are a million different things that I could talk about tonight... but eh. I'm not really feeling it. The creative spark in me is not leading to any subject in particular. So I'll just give it a break tonight. But I do want to leave you with something to read. I always thought it would be cool to write a sonnet so I did. On May 12th 2010. I will share it with you tonight. 

This poem isn't about anything going on in my life at moment, it was born out of a situation that happened a while ago. But the great thing about good poetry is that after a writer is done with it, the poem will take on a life of it's own. I read this poem now, and I laugh because I think I was just way too serious for everything that actually happened. So I hope you enjoy it...

This poem is not funny or easily bought
Avert your eyes if it does not matter.
I will only inquire one simple thought
Better to be real or just to flatter.

What is it that I don't have or lack of?
You're the carbon copy paper on a nightstand.
Patience and effort, a courtroom, no judge
The new accessory on a man's hand.

Forget me, forget you, and screw it all
The fog has set, your eyes are so blurry.
Complex, difficult, not so easy to solve
Three pick up lines and you're in a hurry.

First I am your friend, always just a friend
Lover? No, hell no, never ever in the end.

Peace and Happiness to all :)

Humbly yours,

Brian J

edited by Thomas Manton

No comments:

Post a Comment