Monday, November 15, 2010

I'm not about that whatever...

Helllooooo, how goes it?

While one night stands are cool and everything, and hooking up with chicks at the club is a lot of fun, I came to the conclusion that I myself am not about that whatever. What does that mean exactly?

I have gotten into situations where I was just fooling it, you know, just messing around. Not really taking things seriously with the ladies. But I don't think that's the case for me anymore. Overall, I don't like doing things just to do them.  I like to say what I mean, and mean what I say.

There are a lot of gray areas in life and a lot of questions that don't always have a right answer.  A lot of situations where the right answer isn't always clear. I hate that about life. The right choice, or the wrong choice?  It drives me crazy that things aren't always black and white. Like gay marriage, abortions, the mosque being built at Ground Zero, a whole bunch of shit. But those are not the points I want to hit on tonight, I'll save those subjects for a different post.

One point that I hope to drive home for you tonight is this. That when I am interested in someone, that it is more than just sex. It's more than just whatever I can get out of you in a single night. I am obviously not a perfect person. Lines may get crossed and it might end up being just a one night thing.  And if it does, then I am sorry. But if that is what you wanted, then I hope you enjoyed the ride. So with that being said...

I liked you before, and I still like you now. 

A lot has happened in a few short weeks. Maybe we didn't start off on the right foot, and I may still have doubts but even though this goes against my better judgment, I simply don't care.

I might not understand what goes on inside of your head yet, 
and I may not be able to see the world through your eyes, 
but half hazel, half green doesn't sound that bad, 
so I will take a leap of faith, and I'll try.

I know that if I don't give it a chance, I'll regret giving up in the end. Who likes a quitter anyways?

Peace and happiness to all :)

Humbly yours,

Brian J

edited by Thomas Manton

1 comment: