Tuesday, April 19, 2011

True love...

Hey there!

So as I promised in my very last post, I am going to try and take a swing at what true love is or what it might be like. So for you readers that are in love or have experienced it before please feel free to comment. I would really like to hear everyone's opinion.

When I think of love, the first thing that comes to mind is of course the physical aspect. The burning lust of desire that resides in all of us, the same emotion that in most cases are what actually spark up relationships. I do believe it is important on the road that leads to love but I think it is safe to say that you the reader understands that. Regardless of your sexual orientation when you encounter someone you like that lust is there.

I have had time to think about this and one song that jumps out to me is Paper Planes by M.I.A. and if you have heard this song before then you should be thinking what the fuck am I talking about? But that song always brings me back to a scene in the movie Slumdog millionaire. The scene in the movie when Jamal loses Latika for the first time. And in turn leaves him with his older brother Salim on a train. It  might have been Salim's fault that he lost Latika right there and then. And of course the love that Jamal and Latika exhibits in this film is a prime example of what true love is but I want to explore the love between the two brothers.

In that very scene on top of the train you get the sense that Jamal and Salim have devolved a its us against the world attitude. It isn't anything new to the movie but I think it is really cemented in this scene. That no matter what happens to us, I got your back. I think this concept is very vital for true love to exist. Along with the lust and lovey dovey emotions, a form of what these two brothers had has to be evident. That mutually you have to be willing to do anything to keep up with each others well being. I hope that one day I will find the person I am willing to sacrifice everything to make them happy and have her feel the same way.

While I haven't found true love for myself yet, I don't think it its a concept to throw around lightly. There are three lethal words that should never be said if you don't mean them. "I Love You". Love springs Eternal. And when you say it this should also ring true...

"Loved is not a word. Because love is forever, and never can be used in past tense. So when i say i love you, you know where you stand."

Peace and Happiness to all :)

Humbly yours,

Brian J

1 comment: