Thursday, December 23, 2010

Wearing your heart on your sleeve is dangerous...

Back at it again :) what's good world?

Popeye the sailor man is a cartoon character famous for the large tumors in his forearms and eating spinach. He is also very famous for saying "I yam what I yam". Or can be translated into I am who I am.  Who am I exactly? The answer to that question is of course very complex. But I will take a stab at it...

I am probably the most immature mature person you will ever met. When we first meet, you might think wow this kid is a serious goofball. A lot of my acquaintances don't take me serious at all but what you first see is only one complex layer to my very BIG personality. Once you really get to know me you will be surprise that the raw and uncut Brian is a very serious person. You will also find that I rarely have any ulterior motives. I try to pride myself on being honest and with me you will know where you stand. I am as real as it gets, with that being said...

Never compromise.

From time to time I find myself in situations with girls where I think to myself if I just acted a certain way they would like me a lot better. But I can't do it, even if I tried to. I am not a chameleon. Is it better to be real or flatter? Honesty I would think the straight forward approach I like to take is better but it is not. I just don't like to play games. But it has been my experience that girls like the games, they rather the uncertainty a wild card guy might present. They like projects. A guy they feel that they might be the one girl that changes their life. But nobody changes unless they really want to.

So why is it that wearing your heart on your sleeve is dangerous? That is actually very easy to answer. There is simply a lot of people who just don't care. They don't care whether or not they accidentally bump into it. They don't care if they crush it. They don't care if your feelings get hurt. A lot of times they don't even recognize what they are doing but at the same time it does not make it right. Wearing your heart on your sleeve is like when a dog let's someone rub their stomach. The stomach is the most vulnerable part of a dog's body, but unlike dogs my stomach isn't always rubbed the right way.


"I yam what I yam"

Peace and happiness to all :)


Humbly yours,

Brian J

2 comments:

  1. good shit bruh I'm not good with the games either lol but it always seems girls like to be played eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i *heart* your big personality.

    ReplyDelete